At BCBL we are flexible, result-oriented people who enjoy collaborating and working as a team. We are a dynamic, international, and multidisciplinary team, and work together to advance science.
Code of Ethics and Conduct
BCBL is committed to excellent management. In May 2016, our center adopted the principles set out in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code, C&C); these two documents contain 40 principles with recommendations on the responsibilities and obligations of researchers, employers, and funders regarding ethical and professional aspects of management, recruitment processes, and working conditions for researchers.
You may be interested in:
Help for researchers
BCBL is a research centre where people of more than 25 nationalities work together. The integration of our new colleagues is key for us. Therefore, we have a Plan and a Welcome Team available to provide information and assistance to newcomers in their settling process in San Sebastian.
In addition, we have qualified and committed support staff in the labs, IT, and administration departments who do their best to facilitate the scientific activity of each researcher.
What makes us different?
- International workplace in a culturally vibrant city
- Comprehensive arrival support
- Support staff in the labs, IT and administration departments, all committed to facilitating research
- A wide range of measures for work-life balance and healthy working environment
- HRS4R Excellence in Research
- Constantly improving: two-yearly satisfaction survey and action plan
- Annual day-long retreat for all employees
- Ombudsteam for guidance and conflict mediation
- Professional development opportunities
- Spanish and Basque language classes for newcomers
- State-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure
- Open management in our laboratories